Thursday, October 14, 2010

New abode

I looked at a lot of places to live over the Internet prior to moving to Hawaii, as well as during the first week that I was here.  In general, if someone didn't post pictures of the place online, I didn't pursue it.  I also looked at a few places in person that were definitely not going to work out.  However, I read the description of my new place combined with the cost (more expensive than MD but not bad for HI) and decided to enquire further.  So one weekend morning, Jill and I biked over to this awesome sounding but picture lacking location in Kailua.  It was a little further from work than some of the other places I was considering, but once I saw this place- it pretty much fit.  I'm sure I was a little jaded by the free use of kayaks, surfboard and bikes that came with the house- but I also loved the layout of the house and the great breeze that flows through the house.  The location is pretty amazing- the back yard is right on the lake and has a great view of the mountains.  I also somehow lucked out again in the roommate situation- although that's always toss up in a blind situation.  I was initially looking for a place of my own- thinking that my good fortune with roommates over the past few years would surely expire soon.  We've already enjoyed some outdoors adventures together and I'm sure there are more to come!  Amazing that everything has come together so far to help contribute to a great couple of months in Kailua.  We still have one more piece to add to the puzzle in Miles (see the 'cats' post for more details), but I'm hoping for an amenable solution for everyone in some way.

So here is a quick $2 tour- but hope you get to check it out in person one day!


Guest bedroom...empty...waiting...


Front room- sitting area for TV + bigger dining table just starting at the bottom corner of the pic


Kitchen, small dining table/space, adjoining open room/second sitting room to the left


Pretty much the most amazing view you could ever ask for in the back yard- enchanted lake and to Ko'olau mountains....made even better by the presence of kayaks


1 comment: